Guaca & Molé
Mexican Cuisine & Tequila Bar
11598 Boulevard de Salaberry
Dollard-des-Ormeaux QC H9B 2R8
It’s been a while since Pauline was so impressed by a new resto. Guaca & Molé – a Mexican restaurant out of the ordinary – opened 15 July. The novelty means there are still a few bugs being worked out, but the good outweighs the not-yet-perfected.
Kitchen & Menu:
- Tuna tataki on a jicama “taco” with guacamole & spicy sauce – originality!
- Lamb! In tacos, burritos and as a shank – variety!
- Fried squid, nachos, fajitas, quesadillas – breadth!
Food arrived hot and tempting. G&M offers an extensive menu going well beyond the standards of many Mexican restaurants with generous portions for most items. Presentation is creative on colourful hand-painted crockery.
Design & Vibe:
- Large space with carefully selected “mismatched” chairs, predominantly butter yellow and cream, but with shots of turquoise.
- The large bar area is very colourful, and quirky with a filing cabinet bar, wrestler masks, hand-painted cattle skulls. Open kitchen visible from the corner.
- The colourful bathroom is worth a visit just for the design. Unfortunately, hand drier was inoperative, one stall wouldn’t lock & another was out of TP.
The longer you look the more you see to appreciate in subtle design – the place has been thought out for comfort, interest & atmosphere.
Owners are hoping to create a chain of restos. This first kick-at-the-can is a lab to perfect menu, ambiance, experience. They’re doing fabulously so far. Unusual fare, beautiful presentations, interest in creating a glorious experience whether for lunch, supper or happy hour.
Lunch specials $$: $15 – $25.
Food & drink specials everyday:
Monday & Tuesday: Taco $3 & Corona $5
Margarita Wednesday: all day!
Thursday, Ladies Night starting at 21:00: 25% off!
Happy Hour Monday –Friday 16:00 – 19:00 with mojitos, margaritas, beer
Happy Hour Friday – Saturday 21:00 –
Sunday Fajitas & cerveza